Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Stop And Adore The Sky


We all have endless errands to do, places to go, people to see, and jobs to attend. The days start scrambling in with the one before and soon were back to Monday. We ask where those days went, what did I do for myself? Did I enjoy a moment of quietness?
Sunday nights are usually when it all sets in. We come to dislike Monday like those frozen lime green peas we saved for the last horrible bite as kids. Or in my case, chugging that small carton of milk right before dumping my lunch tray. Milk was never my favorite, even the 2%!
Like others, I learned to take time out of each day to do something I enjoy. It may be reading for 30 minutes, drawing, walking the trails, or sitting at the craft table. It’s been tough getting myself to unplug from the internet. When I do I find it enjoyable and time seems to slow down.
The new year brought new goals and daily commitments for us all. One of my commitments for this year was to show up to the bi-weekly Art Meet Ups. So far I have attend a few and enjoyed every hour sitting there with fellow art junkies. Drawing daily has given me energy, painting has brought new ideas and reminded me to slow down.
Here are some photos of one of the few journal spreads I completed thus far. My journal is coming alive one page at a time. How do you slow down time when you feel overwhelmed? Have you made adjustments in your daily schedule to enjoy the moment?





Northern lights? Exactly what this page reminded me of. Complete silence, clear skies with a cool breeze.


The stars will always guide you in the right direction.


Take in the moment, look up at the sky...adore the moon, stars, and life.

Hearts-Starlynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop And Adore The Sky

We all have endless errands to do, places to go, people to see, and jobs to attend. The days start scrambling in with the one before an...