Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Global Christmas



Global Winter Wonderland




We are hours away from the new year! How the heck did that happen?! I recall as a child how long the days were and the years seemed forever. As an adult it's more like a month shoved into a week. Seriously! I cherish everything from 2014. A whole lot of learning, failing, new friends and adventures. That I'll get into on the next post of 2014 review. 

Christmas can be a little emotional for me. I'm grateful to have friends that have become family live nearby. It makes these cold days warm and cheerful. I've grown to celebrate the holiday's surrounded by family, friends, hot meals, laughter and love. That's the true gift that keeps on giving. 

We planned a great little family Sunday Funday trip north to see the holiday lights. It was our first roadtrip together and we had a wonderful time. One little boy surrounded by 3 ladies is always an adventure! Grateful that my godson has allowed us to be apart of his life. 

Here is a little trip of what Global Winter Wonderland was all about. I've never seen such a thing and was like a kid in a candy store. 



    








     









    



And so, the night ended with stories of our first holiday light event. It was truly a night to remember. 
Continuing on the Global Winter our Christmas was just that. A mixed (Thai, Brazilian, Latin, Native American) group of friends coming to celebrate this joyous day. We ended up calling it Global Christmas. Fitting right? 
Each of us cooked up our own special dish. I was able to share some traditional food with friends for the first time. Thankful to my mother, sisters, aunts and grandmothers for teaching me how to cook traditional meals. We all ate until our stomachs hurt and laughed just as much. It was such a relaxing and fulfilling day! 




Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. May you continue to receive the gifts of love, laughter and good health throughout the year. 

xo Starlynn  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop And Adore The Sky

We all have endless errands to do, places to go, people to see, and jobs to attend. The days start scrambling in with the one before an...