Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Precious Sticks Of Color: Drawing Faces

Reconnecting With Soft Pastels

Sketching with vine charcoal
After spending time with oil pastels I decided to dip back into soft pastels. I have to admit they are my favorite medium to draw with. Funny though, they haven't seen much sun the last year. My collection has been precious to me and a lot having to do with the money I put into building a good set. They have been kept closed and untouched waiting for that special drawing. A drawing that wouldn't just sit in a sketch book but would be a masterpiece selling for major bucks. Yeah, pretty silly. 

 Since stepping foot back into the drawing world I realized something. I'm hoarding these amazing sticks that could be put to good use making masterpieces in my sketch book. Who cares if no one ever sees them. What am I waiting for?! What are you waiting for?




She's not complete on the outside but I see how content she's become inside.


xo Starlynn


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop And Adore The Sky

We all have endless errands to do, places to go, people to see, and jobs to attend. The days start scrambling in with the one before an...