Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Challenges and Belief



Believe In Thyself




Challenges and belief go hand in hand. I've learned that without believing in myself I won't conquer the challenges put before me. It's been months since I posted here or finished (usually start but don't finish) an actual art project. My energy wasn't there and I soon started to feel like I was drifting away. It's one of the feelings I never wanted to feel. A recent conversation with a friend had my wheels turning and my emotions flowing. I knew I was capable of creating great things but I needed that extra push. 

Yesterday I sat with a warm cup of tea and jumped online to look up new greeting card layouts. The list was endless and my goodness the talent! It's was all so inspiring! A specific card brought me back to the photo above. It wasn't the layout that caught my eye but the paper that was used. I had used the same paper on a challenging project! Memories came rushing back...

Last summer a good friend of mine asked if I would be able to make 30 baby shower invitations. At first I was shocked (more like what?! Really?!) to be asked to do such a thing for an important party. Then my doubt set in and I thought, could I even do this? As we talked more I realized something. Doubt has always been a devil on my shoulder. To hear another person tell me they believe in me gave me confidence. Wow, a stack of cards?! Challenge accepted!. 

The whole process was fairly new to me. I sat for hours looking up ideas and searching for baby items. Why is it that when your looking for certain items you can't find them? It took some time and plenty of goof ups but I settled on one layout. The assembly line formed and I was a mad women stacking invitations. 

The feeling was such joy and happiness. It was exactly what I wanted to be doing! I've learned a great deal as I sat at my craft table day in and day out. Time is precious and being 100% every day is important. I can't show up not wanting to create or else nothing will get done. All meals must be prepped or hire a chef haha joking! Cooking and creating at the same time can be tough. All in all it worked out and everyone was happy with the outcome. 

A little surgery to the "Thank You" stamp to get it to curve.

Hand cut every little onesie. Attention to detail and perfection set in..

Next up! Information sheets cut and placed inside of card.


One of the late nights at the craft cart.



The end result!
Piece by piece, day by day.
Never let doubt take over.

xo - Starlynn

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop And Adore The Sky

We all have endless errands to do, places to go, people to see, and jobs to attend. The days start scrambling in with the one before an...