Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Draw Your Words: Back To The Basics


Day 1 of Draw Your Words hosted by Daisy Yellow



A while back I had purchased two new Zebra pens at Daiso. I have this instant attraction to the pen and paper aisles. Go figure. My obsession for pens has been with me since I was a young gal. Two in particular, Le Pen and Gelly Roll pens. It wasn't until I started art journaling that I discovered PITT Pens. Swoon! 

Fast forward to last week. I had finally decided I wanted to sit and test out these delicious pens. While reading blogs I came across a post by Daisy Yellow (daisyyellowart.com). That very day was the start of her free workshop called Draw Your Words. Can you say perfect timing? Waste no time I hopped on over to her blog and got the first lesson. 


We went way back to the of learning to write the alphabet. How fun and challenging can this be? I'm not sure how many times I sang the alphabet song. Stopping a few times starring at the letters to make sure they were in the right order. Try writing cursive or in tall block letters. How about quick and in small text? Soon I started to look at receipts, newspapers, magazines and books. Recognizing different styles and gathering ideas. 


The left side I used a BIC Grip Roller, Pental pen, Le Pen, red calligraphy pen and different sizes of the PITT Pen family (S,M,B). The right side was strictly used to test the new Zebra pens. It brought awareness to the basics. I wanted to write " p,q,r,s,t,u" over and over in cursive. It has a nice flow and singing it is even more fun. Haha the joy of letters! 

Give it to the alphabet to bring out the kid in myself! Practice!

xo-Starlynn





No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop And Adore The Sky

We all have endless errands to do, places to go, people to see, and jobs to attend. The days start scrambling in with the one before an...