Monday, January 11, 2016

Courage



The courage to create a new beginning.
Talk about it one too many times and it looses its power.
Courage.
Discipline.
Do it or don't talk about it.
And yes, these are the words I say to myself. 


The first week is done and that included our first art meet up of the year! Woohoo! It's been a long time since I last mingled with the lovely creative souls. Being around the great group we built and meeting new people is such a great feeling. 
As usual, my plans or ideas don't appear until atleast a layer of paint and gesso are laid down. This first week has been quite a challenge. My daily routine is changing, new habits are trying to be formed and well, life is just different. It was very productive but the time spent laying in complete silence and tuning into me was the most healing. The emotions distracted by being "busy" finally hit the surface and I found myself bawling my eyes out. Talk about healing. It's actually quite refreshing.
So when I started painting I let those emotions revisit. The mismatched paper was my way of expressing that nothing has to be perfect. Things may be scattered everywhere around me but they somehow work together. They all hold a different importance in my life and are defiantly unique. 
The leaves of the newly bloomed flower signifies growth. We all know that saying "Bloom where you are planted." At one point the sand was soft enough for the plant to grow easily. In time the weather changed and came the rain, snow and negative temperatures that harden the dirt. Now I am stuck under this heavy solid slab of dirt called a rock. This rock is my challenge. I know that with the courage and discipline I will bloom where I am planted. 
The stenciled design shows me the sun rises everyday. Today may have not been the best but the next day can be. My daily actions will be the water that will feed and nourish my mind, body and soul.
It takes one day and today I will try again.

"Bloom where you are planted"
xo-Starlynn





No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop And Adore The Sky

We all have endless errands to do, places to go, people to see, and jobs to attend. The days start scrambling in with the one before an...