Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Fall Pallet & Still Life


If you haven't heard, it's Pumpkin Season! I'm pretty sure many of us have taken a trip to the pumpkin patch, carved pumpkins, made a pumpkin dish or indulged in a pumpkin beverage...or maybe not. Maybe you had strawberry pie instead and I'm jealous. 

Lately I've been taking a closer look at objects around me. Whether it be while out at a coffee shop, sitting at my desk, or walking down the street. I'm noticing shadows, mixture of colors and where light meets dark. With the Fall weather finally setting in the scenery is starting to change. I have to admit, I'm falling in love more and more as the days go on. The leaves and trees are my absolute favorite! It's no surprise that I've been going to the same brown, yellow and orange color pallet while drawing. 

 Drawing 15-30 minutes per day has given me a creative boost. I've seen growth and also areas that need more work. It's like a daily assignment I have with myself but no pressure as to when it gets done. A little flashback of being in the school's art studio for hours. (giggle) It's no secret, I dream of having an art studio.



Dimension, color and grey?
Seeing the grey pull through the stem and casting a shadow.



Cups, cylinders and spheres have always been a challenge. 
Attempt at drawing a coffee mug and an apple. 


Show up each and every day.

xo
Starlynn











No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop And Adore The Sky

We all have endless errands to do, places to go, people to see, and jobs to attend. The days start scrambling in with the one before an...